The Unpretentious Sommelier!
Pricing / Departures from:
Cape Town - R 595 pp
Includes: All wine tastings, cheese tastings, restuarant lunch, cellar tour, tour guide and return transfers.
Holiday Operating Times: Operating daily except Christmas and News Years
So you want to learn more about wine, but don’t want to sit in a stuffy tasting room with a Mr. Know-it-all sitting next to you. You’d like to learn and explore and have a good laugh with a great guide on a well-planned trip. We will show you how to make wine and at the same time how to appreciate wine.
Bruce Storey has been a professional tour guide for many years, and the experience speaks for itself. African Story tours also uses other professional guides that are professional, friendly entertaining and will give you an awesome day. We at African Story Wine Tours will offer you an entertaining, friendly, memorable day out in our beautiful winelands, showing you more about our wines and at the same time having some fun.
Included / Excluded
- All wine tasting on 4 Estates
- Visit farms in the Paarl, Franschoek and Stellenbosch wine region daily including Sundays.
- We visit Fairview, and Villiera most days.
- We visit four vineyards daily, choosing the best for the day
- Cellar tour
- Cheese Tasting
- Restaurant Lunch
- Return Transfers from CPT
Pricing / Departures
|Pricing / Departures
|| Pricing per person
|Duration 8:30 - 17:30
- We try many wine varietals(white/red/rose),blends,cape ports,method cap Classique,and desert wines
- We will try new wines as well as older wines, so you can taste the difference
- Taste heavy wooded as well as light wooded wines
- We will try get to know South African wines
The Cellar Tour
|The Cellar Tour
- We will explain the history of South African wine
- We will explain the winemaking styles
- We will talk about viticulture and vinification
- Explain the wine making process (oenology)
- We will also explain the making of cape Port, Method Cap Classique / sparkling wine (Champagne), brandy
- Enjoy a lovely A la Carte Lunch
- The scrumptious lunch caters for all tastes
- We serve meals from the traditional “Grandmas Baboties”, “Cape Malay curry”, to a variety of salads, and burgers
- We also try look after the vegetarians with food like “Mushroom Risotto” and “Vegetable Lasagne”
- We can cater for those with special dietary needs
- Lunch is at a popular restaurant in the Franschoek valley with friendly staff and fantastic views
- The lunch may change due to availability
Enquire or Book directly with this tour operator