Cape Canopy Tour Elgin
Just an hour from Cape Town, the Cape Canopy Tour is situated in a World Heritage Site within CapeNature’s Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve, located in the scenic Elgin Valley.
Voted 2nd best new activity in the world by Lonely Planet for 2015
The tour consists of eleven thrilling slides, some over 300m long, each ending on a platform constructed on the cliffs and fynbos covered mountain slopes above the Riviersonderend Gorge. A unique suspension bridge between a narrow sandstone ravine high above a spectacular double waterfall is guaranteed to be one of the unforgettable highlights of the tour.
Cape Canopy Tour is a fully guided nature experience with a strong emphasis on client comfort and safety. Two trained guides will accompany each group on the 4-5 hour tour. They will provide information about the endemic fynbos and geology of this unique World Heritage Site. Cape Canopy Tour is suitable for almost all ages (5 –75years is the recommended limit) and will operate in most weather conditions (rain gear is provided).
Rates: R695 pp
o Park Fees (R40 discount if you have a valid Wild Card)
o A return 4×4 trip
o Fully Nature Guided Tour along 13 elevated platforms
o A light meal at the Sunbird Café
# Please ensure you bring warm clothes — weather in the Cape can be unpredictable, especially up in the mountains
# Comfortable shoes to walk in, as there is a short 1km hike out of the gorge, to where the vehicles will pick you up again.
• If you have any medical conditions, and are unsure, please contact your doctor before the time.
• Clients are advised that the tour includes a 1 km hike out afterwards and a bumpy 4×4 trip to the top of the mountain and back
• Moms to be: We apologise – due to the bumpy 4×4 ride, this tour is not for you while you are pregnant
• We suggest a weight restriction per person of approximately 120kg to 130kg – this restriction is not weight related, but rather imposed by the size of the harnesses we use and is based on the circumference of the straps around the body
• 364 days a year (we are only closed on 25 Dec)
• Tours run every hour on the hour with the first tour leaving at 08:00 and the last tour at 14:00
Need More info? Complete the form below.
- LocationElgin, Hermanus